I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world.
我不是一位雅典人或是希腊人,而是世界的公民
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
除了我无知的事实之外,我一无所知
The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways - I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows.
分手的时刻已经到来,我们将各走各的路─我将死了,你将活着。那一种比较好呢?只有神知道。
Having the fewest wants, I am nearest to the gods.
有愈少的欲望,我就愈接近神。
Life is a foreign language: All men mispronounce it.
生活是一种外语,谁都发不好它的音.
[Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
生活就像洋葱头:你只能一层一层地把它剥开,有时你还得流泪.
Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you hold.
生活不在于握有一手好牌,而在于把手里的牌打好.
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
只有向后看才能理解生活;但要生活好,则必须向前看
Living without an aim is like sailing without a compass.
生活没有目标就像航海没有罗盘.
He who has never hoped can never despair.
从来没有抱过什么希望的人也永远不会失望.
Bad men live so that they may eat and drink, whereas good men eat and drink so that they may live.
坏人为着他们能吃喝而活着,然而好人则是为了他们能活着而吃喝。
The unexamined life is not worth living.
没有经过考验的人生,是不值得活的。